- Registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860
- Registered under Bombay Public Trust Act 1950
- Certified by ‘Khadi’ & Village Industries Commission
- Affiliated to the Bharatiya Adim Jati Sevak Sangh, New Delhi
- Signed up with NITI Aayog NGO-DARPAN
- Awarded as ‘Adivasi Sevak Sanstha’ by Maharashtra Government
- FCRA Registration (under process)
‘Satyaniketan’ is a Voluntary Social Service Organization working mainly in the tribal concentration of Akole Tahasil in Ahmednagar District, since 1950. It is registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 and the Bombay Public Trust Act 1950. Actually, the work then started, was in the nature of a government-sponsored non-official exercise in rural development, then known as the Sarvodaya Scheme. On closure of this scheme by the government, in March 1966, ‘Satyaniketan’, duly registered as a public trust in 1956 and already actively associating with the Sarvodaya scheme since inception, took over the responsibility especially of the educational activities started under the aegis of the scheme. ‘Satyaniketan’ is affiliated to the Bharatiya Adim Jati Sevak Sangh, New Delhi and as such are running some schemes the finance for which is routed through it. (to get more information about Bhartiya Adim Jati Sevak Sangh (BAJSS), click the link below-http://www.bajss.org)
The Institution concentrating on the education of the tribals, covering all age groups, as it is confident that it is the only sure and effective way to bring about a wholesome change in their outlook. Simultaneously ‘Satyaniketan’ has been engaged in enhancing local traditional skills as also introducing new skills among the people so that opportunities for generating gainful self-employment for the local people could be widened. ‘Satyaniketan’ is a certified Khadi & Village Industries institution and is running some schemes of Khadi & Village Industries Commission.
Aims and Objectives
- To carry on a charitable institution to help the public in general and Harijans (Backward Class) and Girijans (Tribals) in particular following the Sarvodaya principles based on truth and non-violence.
- To train Missionaries for carrying out the purpose of the society.
- Through village and Home Industries, through the manufacture and distribution of handmade products and village industries equipment and accessories and the encouragement and improvement of all processes incidental thereto, to give relief to the poor, village artisans or workers by providing them with whole-time or part-time employment.
- To achieve the economic, social, educational and general uplift of the Harijans (Backward Class) and Girijans (Tribals) in the State of Maharashtra by selfless service through truthful and non-violent means.
- To spread among the people the importance of Co-operative Movement and help and encourage them in organizing their economic and social life on co-operative lines.
- To conduct or to create or establish educational training and research institutions autonomous wings or otherwise publish literature and periodicals with a view to further the objects of the Society.
- To carry on such other activities as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of any of the above objects.
‘NITI Aayog NGO Darpan’ Registration-Pdf